Already at the beginning of my psychology studies at the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg im Breisgau, it was already clear to me that, therapeutically, I only wanted to work with children and adolescents. The child's world has always fascinated me, including questions like how children master developmental tasks, how they deal with traumatic experiences, how they connect the dots between experiences and expectations and already-processed information, as well as how shattering losses can be for them and how a lack of acceptance or “not being seen” as who they truly are can throw them off balance. Children often develop such immense strength and creativity to face their challenges.
Every external influence meets a very special and individual psychological structure within a child, as is the case with all people. This then puts psychodynamic processes in motion. In order to understand these processes in greater depth and offer each of my clients the help that he/she needs, I decided to study psychoanalytic/psychodynamic psychotherapy for children and adolescents at the Centre for Integrative Psychotherapy (CiP) in Munich.
During my psychotherapeutic training, I realised that there are certain – mainly traumatic – events in a child's life that demand an immediate stabilisation of his/her psychological state. This is why I decided to enhance my knowledge and therapeutic approach with another component: the humanistic person-centred play therapy. This two-year full time play therapy program at the University of Roehampton in London/UK encompassed theoretical as well as practical learning.
After several years of living in Zurich, living and working in Munich, and studying and working in London, I returned to Switzerland with my husband. Here, I am about to finish my psychotherapeutic studies at the Psychoanalytical Seminar in Zurich.
I am now a mother of two children and live with family in Zurich.
Professional Qualification and Clinical Experience
- Psychology studies at the Albert- Ludwigs- Universität in Freiburg im Breisgau/ Germany, with a main focus on clinical and pedagogical psychology. Degree: Diplom-Psychologin (more or less equivalent to a PHD in Psychology)
- Humanistic person-centred play therapy studies at the University of Roehampton, London/UK. Degree: Master of Arts
- Psychodynamic psychotherapeutic studies, focusing on children and adolescents at the Centre for Integrative Psychotherapy (CiP) in Munich/Germany. The length of the course is 5 years. However, after 4 years I moved to London and Zurich and I am now finishing my education at the Psychoanalytical Seminar in Zurich.
- Member of the Federation of Swiss Psychologists through receiving the professional title “Psychologist FSP” in 2017.
- Multiple years of clinical experience:
- St. Elisabeth Clinic for child and adolescent medicine, department of psychosomatics, Neuburg an der Donau/Germany
- Heckscher Clinic for child and adolescent psychiatry, psychosomatics and psychotherapy, Rosenheim/Germany
- “Shine Again”, a charitable organisation in London/UK, practising play therapy at various schools
- Granard Primary School practising psychotherapy, London/UK
- Delegated psychotherapy for the Practice for Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy, Mutschellenstrasse 79/81 in Zurich since 2017