Range of Treatments
In my practice, I offer psychoanalytic/psychodynamic psychotherapy and play therapy in English and German.
Psychotherapy may be the treatment choice for:
- Emotional disorders such as depression, anxiety, compulsions, irritability, withdrawal tendencies, oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)
- Attachment disorders
- ADHD (attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
- Conduct disorders (aggressive, destructive, and deceitful behaviour, violation of rules)
- Behavioural issues such as bed-wetting or soiling
- School issues (school refusal, anxiety, bullying)
- Self-harm (cutting oneself)
Primary caregivers (most often both parents) are usually closely involved within their child’s psychotherapy. The child's pathology should always be understood within the context of the family. Through periodic meetings with the parents, they can learn to understand their child's incidence of disease better and develop a more supportive parenting style. Furthermore, the resources of the family that can strengthen and empower the child have to be analysed and – if required – enabled.
Adolescents and young adults strive for autonomy and break away increasingly further from their family of origin. Accordingly, their therapy is often done without the involvement of their primary caregiver.